Hydrate your body!
Did you know that hydration is the most common nutritional deficiency in America? Hydrating your body is so important. We’ve all heard you can go for weeks without food, but only days without water. On average an adult body is made up of 55-60% of water. Our body can produce only 8% of our daily water needs through metabolic process, but the remaining 92% MUST be ingested through foods and beverages. Water can’t be stored in the body, so daily consumption is essential for a healthy body.
People just aren’t drinking enough water, and dehydration causes so many health concerns, yet it’s so simple to reverse. Not sure how much water is right for you? Here’s a simple equation to get your daily adequate water intake:
Body weight divided by 2 = minimum # of ounces you should drink daily
Drink coffee, alcohol, fruit juice, tea or any diuretic? Here’s your equation:
(Ounces of diuretics x 1.5) + (body weight divided by 2) = # of ounces daily water intake
Here are just a few, of the many benefits of water:
- Aids in weight loss
- Helps to metabolize fat
- Transports nutrients throughout the body
- Empowers the body’s natural healing process
- Flushes toxins
Some early signs of dehydration:
Some mature signs of dehydration:
- Joint pain
- Back pain
Ways to spice up your water glass:
- Try adding frozen or fresh fruits to your water
- Squeeze some lemon or lime in
- Try a pinch of sea salt, you might like it : )
Remember to sip it throughout the day, and enjoy the many benefits it has to offer. Have a wonderful hydrated summer.
Drink water, it nourishes and heals.
Yours in health,
Rachel Gustafson, BS, NTP