Transcend Bodywork will re-open when Multnomah County enters phase 1 reopening (tentatively June 12th, 2020). I will be following all OHA requirements to offer you a safe massage experience (scroll to the bottom for a list of the precautions I will be implementing). To be prepared for your appointment, please read and complete all steps below.
- Book your appointment on Genbook.
- The day of, or the day before, fill out the appropriate intake form online (Click one: New Client or Returning Client) and hit submit. There will also be a link to the form in your confirmation and reminder emails.
- Pre-Pay, if possible, for your session online (Including insurance co-payments). Click Here to Pre-pay
- Please wait in your car until your appointment time (Do not come early, the waiting room is closed, the door will be unlocked and I’ll be ready for you.)
- Upon arrival, you will be asked the COVID-19 screening questions as on the intake form and have an infrared temperature reading taken as you arrive. Appointments will need to be rescheduled if all conditions of safety are not met.
- You must wear a mask at all times in the office and during the session per office policy (except while face down on the table). I will have a disposable mask available for you for each session.
Thank you for your flexibility and commitment to keeping everyone healthy. I super urge you to book 90 minute sessions! If we’re going through all this trouble, we might as well maximize our time together! For insurance billing, they typically will only cover 60 minutes, you can extend your insurance session 30 minutes for $50. 60 minutes is still great too, if that’s all that works for you. : )
What to expect:
- Plenty of Sanitizer!
- I will not be wearing gloves (unless you or I have a cut/injury requiring me to do so).
- I will wash any part of my body used (hands, elbows, forearms) for at least 20 seconds in soap and water per OHA and OBMT.
- I will wear a mask at all times.
- I will wear a clean change of clothes for each individual session.
- I will have a HEPA filter with UV light anti-microbial treatment on beneath the massage table, cleaning air and blowing it away from our heads.
- I will fill out the remaining paperwork & body chart myself while interviewing you. You must still complete the online form before your session. (I couldn’t find an online chart with a body drawing that allows the kind of detail and nuance I’ve come to rely on.)
- Online prepayment for fewer contact points. (If you need to pay with cash or check, please bring exact change, or fill your check out before arriving.)
- 30 minutes between each client allowing for cleaning, changing and adequate distancing.
Cleaning Protocols you can expect per OHA:
- PRE-OPEN: Thoroughly clean and disinfect all areas of business prior to reopening after extended closure. Disinfect all surfaces, tools, and linens, even if they were cleaned before the business was closed.
- DAILY: Clean and disinfect all workstation and treatment room surfaces, including countertops, cabinets and doorknobs, chairs, head rests and arm rests.
- DAILY: Clean and disinfect hard non-porous surfaces, glass, metal and plastic, including work areas, high-traffic areas, and commonly touched surfaces in both public and employee only areas of the business.
- DAILY: Thoroughly clean restroom facilities at least once daily and ensure adequate sanitary supplies (soap, toilet paper, hand sanitizer) throughout the day.